[OM] Re: OM4Ti meter Vs OM1 meter

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4Ti meter Vs OM1 meter
From: Matt Boland <mattboland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 19:46:05 +1000
I returned that camera to the store because I was not happy with the
meter or the amount of physical damage to the body.

The batteries in my OLY1 are definely mercury. They are still available
last time I looked from www.px625.com. I have a few in the fridge.

The metering problem gets stranger...

When looking through the viewfinder at something that is brighter on one
side, and using CWA metering the camera would return a higher reading if
it was say horizontal than if it was vertical. This does NOT happen on
my OM1 which as you might hope, does not change. How many sensors make
up the CWA in an OM4Ti?  If there is say 4, then two may have been
reading high. Just a theory.