[OM] Re: foxes

Subject: [OM] Re: foxes
From: Cyrtolite@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 11:15:23 -0400
Those are great, Mike. Even the shots with the stacked XAs look quite good.

A couple of years ago, I attempted to get some shots of a fox family.  I had
one OM-2S on a tripod with (if I remember correctly) my Zuiko 65-200 and
another hanging around my neck with the 50mm f1.4 (I never expected to use the
50mm and I can't remember why I had brought it along). I was being as patient
as I could, trying to let them get accustomed to my presence and moving closer
about a foot or two at a time.  I really couldn't get close enough to get
anything worthwhile with the 65-200. Then I heard some rustling in the brush to
my left and I could make out the shapes of a couple of adult foxes foraging
there and moving toward me with their noses to the ground.  As they emerged
from the brush, the rear one noticed me and froze but, to my utter amazement,
the forward one kept coming until he was about 5 feet from me. Then he looked
up, saw me, let out a blood curdling yelp and took off in the opposite
direction.

And there I was, standing there like a dunce with my OM-2s & 50 mm lens in my
hand and my mouth hanging open & realizing that I had just missed a great shot.

Oh, well...

Scott Whittemore
Nashua, NH, USA