[OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:19:02 EDT
In a message dated 5/6/2004 11:07:09 AM Central Standard Time,
ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I have a 5mp compact by C*non, the G5.  It will print to just under A4
in size.  It has only one lens (35-140 efl), goes quite close in macro,
takes RAW and Superfine JPGs and produces pretty good quality images.
I can fit a close-up, wideangle or tele converter to it.  It cost me a
pretty penny and is worth less than half of that now.  What will an E-1
do that is worth that sort of depreciation?

Interestingly enough, one of the things which had me seriously think about
digital was a friends images produced with a G5 and another's done with a D60.
What the E-1 brings to the table is a digital system which allows me to use my
OM lenses while I build that system.  The E-1 won't replace my 4X5, medium
format or OM cameras, but rather expand my horizons.  Did the OM 3T or 4T or
any
of the others make the OM 1 obsolete?  I think not and how have the prices of
the OM 1 held up compared to the OM 4 or 2 series or 1N?  Something to think
about.  Bill Barber