[OM] Re: Event photography with digital vs film

Subject: [OM] Re: Event photography with digital vs film
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 18:42:15 +0000
> Thanks for this AG, very helpful and instructive.
>
> Oddly, it strikes me as less OT than a thread about favourite films...
>
> Piers

Okay, Piers, I've held my peace for the required 24 hours, more or less, so
here goes:

Since this is the Olympus OM List, and since each and every OM-whatever I have
needs film to be anything more than a paperweight -- albeit a really nice one
-- and since those of us who have one (or more, hopefully) need to make some
sort of judgment, informed or otherwise, about what kind of film to use on
those occasions when we wish to actually put them to the use for which they
were intended and take a picture of something or another, how come it is that
talking about favorite pixel-makers is LESS OT than talking about favorite
films?

Just another curious mind wanting to know how you came up with that opinion.
:-)

Please note the smiley.  Here's another: ;-)

Walt

--
Everybody has a photographic memory.  Some people just don't have any film.