[OM] Re: Okay, let's talk about film ........

Subject: [OM] Re: Okay, let's talk about film ........
From: "John Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 21:34:44 -0700
I believe and I could be wrong that it is because if you look at a
Kodachrome slide you will see that the image appears to have layers like a
cake while a E-6 slide seems to be all one layer and the Ice uses an
ifrared channel to scann the film to detect any dust above layer of the
film and that cake layer effect tends to not work with that.  John

scan, but also because of the difficulty getting it processed -- having to
mail it off to New Jersey.  Time was, Kodak had a lab here in Atlanta, and
if you got the film to the neighborhood photo shop by 2:00 p.m., you could
get it back the next day.  Those times are long gone, as is the popularity
of Kodachrome.

> And I don't know the technical reason why ICE doesn't work with
Kodachrome.  They just say it doesn't.  Maybe somebody else around here
knows why.  They also say it doesn't work with silver-based film either,
but I don't see a connection there.

mailto:olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx?subject="Olympus List Problem"