[OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?

Subject: [OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 20:02:55 +1000
Had the 25/4 and passed it on in favour of the 21mm as it wasn't RF
coupled. Fine lens though and best zone focusser I've ever used.
With the R2 there is no 28mm frameline so a 35mm is a better user -
Steve Gandy has the new M mount  Pancake 35/2.5 mark 2 - a great
improvement and comparable size to the 40/2 Summicron/Rokkor. That's
prolly a better intermediate for me between the 21mm and 50mm Nokton.
He's asking $319.

Oh dear - we'll pay for this!
In atonement - bought an RD today - thats a Zuiko 40/1.7 folks, OK? Now
all I have to do is get it going (well, for $5 in a Salvation army
store, what did you expect?) If I can't, yes - the self timer lever
WILL be for sale or trade! :)
AndrewF
p.s. - if you want to use the 40mm Summicron on an M3-7, you can make a
finder by cutting up an old, dead Oly Trip 35 - nice brightline!

http://www.pbase.com/afildes