[OM] Re: Annoying virus

Subject: [OM] Re: Annoying virus
From: "Scott Gomez" <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 23:04:15 -0700
SpamCop explicitly does *not* report viruses, I'm sorry to say. It is
sometimes useful to submit the headers to it anyway, since that can aid
in determining the source.

This situation is all too usual lately. Comcast doesn't give a damn
about the fact that its network is virtual cheesecloth. They've done
nothing visible in some 6 months now about reducing the ability of their
client's machines to initiate smtp sessions, even though such practice
is prohibited in their terms of service. I've read through hundreds of
messages on SpamCop's newsgroups and elsewhere about just this issue.

Late last week and early this week, Comcast had actually managed to get
a large number of its addresses on the block list at SpamCop--nearly
unprecedented for SpamCop to have done. I'm aware of many, many network
admins who already block the entire Comcast IP range, and only *unblock*
for specific addresses or senders.