[OM] Re: Temporary absence

Subject: [OM] Re: Temporary absence
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 19:54:39 +0000
Nope, no confusion, Jez.  You expressed an interest in seeing what a 5400dpi
film scan looked like.  I offered a CD of high-rez scans in lieu of my
inability to provide a 100mb file over the internet.  Later, I extended the
offer to anybody else who might also be on the fence between buying into
digital right now or just getting a better scanner, which is what I have done
and am happy that I did.  But that's a long story.

Anyway, Les was one of those who took me up on my list-wide offer of a CD with
a half dozen straight, unenhanced, un-messed-with 5400dpi TIFF files of scans
from the new Minolta scanner of slides shot through real Zuikos.  Fear not.
You're first on the list, and yours will be on the way tomorrow or the next
day, depending on when I decide to haul my lazy butt to the post office.

Also, if anybody else is interested, I've got six or seven more of those stiff
cardboard "diskette mailers" I've hung onto since the olden days when software
updates came on 5 1/4" floppies.  They work just as well with CDs, so if
anybody wants one, now is the time to say so -- off list, if you please.
Limited supply.  Act now.  One-time offer.  Etc., etc.

Walt

--
Everybody thinks they have a sense
of humor -- even people who don't.