[OM] Re: Big Cameras (Re: Scan OM/film or get digital camera?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Big Cameras (Re: Scan OM/film or get digital camera?)
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 20:47:20 -0500
IMO, this is exactly the design philosophy that led Olympus to start from the
ground up with an SLR design.  Very little adherance to an existing model,
except for a general continuance of the successful ZSLR paradigm of the E10/20.

I looked at the Fuji S2 last week and was apalled by the crazy tumor on the
back of the camera that housed the electronics.  And the camera has two power
sources and two displays?!  The Kodak 14N is even more ridiculous looking.

The C and N cameras are pretty much exactly the same size/shape as their film
cameras, which I really don't understand.  Why keep that standard?

I had that D2H in my hands last week and the size of that 28-80/2.8 lens was so
big I thought that I had a coffee can in my hands!  So far, I'm very happy with
my E-1 and it's high-quality, svelte lenses.

Skip