[OM] Re: Big Cameras (Re: Scan OM/film or get digital camera?)

Subject: [OM] Re: Big Cameras (Re: Scan OM/film or get digital camera?)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:10:17 -0700 (PDT)
> Apples and oranges. A dslr is a large format camera compared
> to an 8MP
> digicam with a size difference larger than between 35mm and
> 6x7. It is
> not bigger just because of electronics, plus it has a mirror
> box and a
> pentaprism.

Ok, so the sensor is bigger.  I can't imagine why Kodak or Fuji
is unable to stuff the equivelent electronics of the digicams
into the DSLR without resorting to adding almost an inch of
depth onto the back of the camera.  There is no acceptable
explanation for that nonsense.

Sensor size is only a small part of these cameras.

AG