[OM] Re: Ebay stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: Ebay stuff
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:51:29 EDT
The letter that took 90 days to get to me was a Priority Mail envelope, with
all block letters (computer printed), as was the letter I sent to Atlanta GA
which was retuened to me six weeks latrer as being "undeliverable". The only
thing these letters didn't have was the bar codes that you mention. I wouldn't
have a clue as to how to get them onto my envelope. That seems like an absurd
bother for most of the public to have to do to most of their mailings anyway.
The postal service should be better than it is without all that extra work by
the sender. It seems I'm not the only one having these problems in New Jersey,
as mentionedby others on this list.

George S.

scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Here's what I have found helps (sometimes tremendously) with the USPS:

1. Always use nine-digit zip codes (easily looked up on the USPS web
site)
2. Block print in all upper case letters for handwritten addresses
3. Wherever possible, produce a computer-printed envelope or label with:
   a. FIM-A "courtesy reply mail" bar code
   b. Delivery Point bar code
   c. All upper case address
   d. Sans-serif font