[OM] Re: Sunpack 622 flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Sunpack 622 flash
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:51:51 -0700
Timpe, Jim wrote:
> What does anyone know about them?  Kenmore has a bunch of them right now
> they're selling as used, salesman told me they were actually returns from
> DOD (Navy?) having never actually been used.  I perused a couple, and they
> do in fact look brand new.  They're selling them for 199USD a pop.

I've had one for several years and I'm quite happy with it.

It does have interchangeable heads -- when I got mine, it was because it
was cheap on eBay with the infrared head (visually opaque head with
output filtered for HIE).

It doesn't feel as solid as an Olympus or Metz flash, but then it's a
bit lighter, too, which is nice by the end of a wedding reception dinner....

With the OM adapter, it works perfectly with the TTL metering of my 2S
and 4T. With a standard PC cord, I can use the IR head with my Mamiya
Press loaded with 70mm aerographic infrared.

--
josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>