[OM] Re: Jonequinn gone wild?

Subject: [OM] Re: Jonequinn gone wild?
From: "CyberSimian" <OlySimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:43:39 -0000
Jim Brokaw wrote:
> I'm intrigued that he thinks even a mint OM-3Ti is worth over $2500

The "Nicholas Camera Company" in the UK are currently advertising a "new"
OM3Ti for 1995 UK pounds (about 3600 US dollars).  See their advertisement
in the 17 April 2004 edition of UK magazine "Amateur Photographer".

This edition of AP also reviews the 8Mpix Nik*n 8700 bridge camera, but the
camera falls down due to its excessive noise, quote: "The question of image
noise remains one that, as yet, cannot be solved in this sensor".

The previous week's edition of AP reviewed the Min*lta A2 bridge camera, and
that too was criticised for its noise levels, quote: "It produces noisy
images at the higher sensitivity settings, and while this is not unexpected,
I am surprised at the intensity of this, especially in the red channel".

-- from Cy in the UK