[OM] Re: Problem with 24/2.8 diaphragm ring

Subject: [OM] Re: Problem with 24/2.8 diaphragm ring
From: Bernard Frangoulis <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 18:21:17 +0200
>If the diaphragm closes by way of the tab on the back of the lens, then the
>diaphragm should close properly when tripped by the camera.  Only DOF
>preview button is affected. The levers inside of the mount may have jumped
>out of their normal position.  Removing the 3 screws and lifting the mount
>off is pretty straightforward.  The large silver lever pushes the diaphragm
>tab.

Thanks John. I have already opened the lens. The lever pushed by the
DOF button was moving with difficulty ("grinding" against the mount),
so that when the DOF button was pressed, the lever remained in
position. The silver lever which pushed the diaphragm tab was not out
of position. I cleaned the parts and gave them some "play". Problem
solved - at least for now!

Bernard