[OM] Re: Tamron SP 17mm f3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron SP 17mm f3.5
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 19:55:11 +0100
I don't see how you could get the stopper onto the non-rotating part of the
filter mount from the back Walt - I think you will be in for a
disappointment.

I will try out some PTFE tape - of the kind used to seal gas pipe threads.
It's white, thin and very slippery, with sufficient 'give' to make a tight
but not too tight seal, while preventing the aluminium thread and mount
'gripping' each other.  I think.  We will see!

Piers