[OM] Re: Tamron SP 17mm f3.5

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron SP 17mm f3.5
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:10:01 -0500
I've got the later one, without the filters, but with the huge hood.

Be aware that it's very hard to mount an 82mm filter inside the hood.  The lens
itself doesn't have any filter threads, so the filter must thread into the hood
down inside.  I've had a devil of a time getting my filter to screw in because
there isn't enough clearance to get your fingers around the filter inside the
hood and turn it.  Does anyone have hints?

As far as polarizing effects, it's the same with all ultra-wide angle lenses.
The band of maxiumm polarization in the sky isn't anywhere near the ~100 degree
HFOV of the lens, so you get bands of darker sky 90 degrees from the sun.

Skip