[OM] Re: Camera leather

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera leather
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 17:42:19 +1000
I've bought several. I have a red snake on my OM-4 which I originally
had on a 2sp (now sold. It transferred just fine. I had a burgundy
snake on an OM 1n which made it look great - also long gone. I put a
grey snake on a Minolta XD7 - nice. He also supplied me with a piece
of red ring lizard to dress up a spare back for a Leica CL so I had a
choice of looks - the back changes the entire leatherette. That was
an oversize that I cut to fit myself so he will supply pieces cut to
you size, usually a little over to allow for slight shrinkage.
Never had one problem that I didn't cause myself and he is a real
nice person to deal with. And he does do a pink embossed cowhide that
would sooo nice on a Leica M6 :) Time to dress up my 4 Ti I think.
Then there were the ones I did myself with old handbag pieces -
Handbagfas (Isolettes) and a couple of Olympus Strips.
AndrewF

--
http://www.pbase.com/afildes