[OM] Re: black OM4t - yep, and an OM 3

Subject: [OM] Re: black OM4t - yep, and an OM 3
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 07:46:56 EST
In a message dated 4/2/2004 4:21:39 AM Central Standard Time,
gordross@xxxxxxx writes:

Has it been checked out, or have you checked that it is
functioning well? (ie: meter, shutter speeds, curtains) -Is the lens a
silvernose and is it free of scratches with aperture blades clean and
snappy? I appreciate your help. Thanks Gord

I like your question and I might ask something like this, "Do you have any
other pictures of the camera which might help me to better evaluate my
interest?
 Does the camera function as it was intended to function?"  If I were
interested in the lens, which in this case I wouldn't be, I might ask, "Does
the lens
function as it was intended to function? Are there any problems such as
scratches, rub marks, fungus or dust in or on the glass elements?  If you will
hold
the lens up to a light source (not the sun) and look through it, both from
the front and back, you should be able to see any problems.  Does it function
smoothly.  Is there anything else you might share with me that as a buyer, I
might want to know?"  Generally, people who are honest and interested in
selling
their item, will respond.  In this particular auction, I would not bid if I
could not correspond with the seller prior to bidding.  There are definate red
flags on this one, which doesn't mean someone might not get a good deal.  I
would not buy $500 in lottery tickets on tonight's draw and I wouldn't bid $500
on this camera.  Either might produce a winner and you would have $500 at risk.
 Communications deminishes the odds and shifts them in your favor.  Hmmm, $75
million on the Mega Millions, I may buy an extra ticket . . .    Bill Barber