[OM] Re: The Harrison Ross Poll

Subject: [OM] Re: The Harrison Ross Poll
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:49:30 -0500

My Zuiko stable is a bit smaller        than most, so...

21 f2
35 f2.8
300 f4.5

I've been rhapsodic here over the 21 before, but I love just about everything
about this lens. Some have stated preference for the smaller size of the 3.5,
but the 2.0 feels great in my hand.

The 35 pretty much was my "normal" whem I was shooting more. This little lens
is a real workhorse, with a clasic Zuiko quality color and contrast profile.

I almost chose the 100 f2.8 over the 300. I certainly use the 100 more, but
when I need the reach of the 300, I am always surprised at the results, esp.
since it can sometimes be handhed. Nice bokeh to my taste.

What has been interesting is the number of people who have listed the 50 f1.4
as a favourite.  Now that I have one I'll have to give it a real workout.

Earl