[OM] Re: The Harrison Ross Poll

Subject: [OM] Re: The Harrison Ross Poll
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 13:18:09 +0100
Cc: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>, olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

"Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
was written successfully
> Hi:
>
> Rob and I (Gord) cooked up this poll as a sharing-learning tool.
>
> This is a members poll of your 3 (yes only 3) favorite Zuikos.
>
> What are your 3 favorite Zuikos?

Nothing exotic: 24/2, 55/1.5,135/2.8

>  Why?

They make a good trio: all taking 55mm filters, all being really fast for
 their focal lengths, all being wuite sharp when focused right. And I like
 the bokeh and shallow dof of the 55/1.2

>  What do you shoot with them?

Most anything ;)

>  Which features (sharpness, bokeh, size, weight, close-focusing, etc) make
> them rise above the others in their category? (eg.35/2.0 vs 35/2.8)

I like it bright. The acove trio is as bright as it comes, outside of the
 Noctilux...

I have the slower cousins of the trio too -- they're good for being compact
 and being a 49mm kit....

> Which other lenses in this category have you also used?

Everything with Zuiko on it.

> How does this Zuiko compare to lenses  by other manufacturers you've used
> (N*kon, L*ica, C*non, etc) ?

Don't really have anything to compare it with -- perhaps the Pentax
 "limited" lenses, but those are AF so it's not the same game....

Let's just s-y th-t the trio makes me happy ;)

--thomas