[OM] Re: The Harrison Ross Poll

Subject: [OM] Re: The Harrison Ross Poll
From: Parzival Herzog <parzp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 00:38:42 -0600
On March 21, 2004 22:56, John Gettis wrote:
> 24 2.8
> 100 2.8
> 300 4.5

Wow! I just sold all those. Not because I didn't like them, but because I want
to reduce the amount of idle/low usage stuff in my closet. Now that they are
gone or packing their bags, I find parting with the 100mm f/2.8 is
sentimentally the hardest. However, with a 135mm f/2.8, a Sigma macro 90mm
f2.8 (most used, accidentally acquired), an 85mm f/2, as well a 35-105mm
f/3.5-4.5, I found that in practice, the 100mm always stayed home and one or
more of the others was taken when the choice had to be made.

My Zuiko favourites:

50mm f/1.4      because I like to take casual portraits, and the light is almost
                        always low.
85mm f/2          Portraits, Portraits, and still good for gadding about
                        Plus, its small and pretty.
21mm f/3.5       Yes, when I want wide,  it might as well be really wide.
                        Besides, its so small! And now, sniff, my less wide
                        wides  are all non-Zuikos, due to poverty. (E.g. a
                        horking huge Vivitar S-1 28mm f/1.9!)

I might have had other favourites, had I had the chance to use them!

--
Parzival Herzog