[OM] Re: My Name is Joe. I am a zukoholic

Subject: [OM] Re: My Name is Joe. I am a zukoholic
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:32:38 -0800
Mostly it is rarity. Not very many 40/2s were made. Some of it is the
small/cute factor, which I well understand, witness my fondness for the
35-70/3.5-4.5.

The price is certainly unrelated to optical performance. Even those who
have and love them generally admit they are soft at f2 and otherwise
fine, but nothing special. I've never had either, but Gary's tests show
the 35/2 to be as good or better in resolution and better in contrast,
than the 40/2. Of course, if you can step back a bit, a 50/1.8 miJ is a
better lens for less than 1/10 the price.

Moose