[OM] Re: [OT] Re: Animal Tales

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Re: Animal Tales
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 01:18:47 -0700
Hi Skip and Les:

On a school visit to a local farm, one of the boys noticed a pig with three
legs walking with a homemade splint. Pointing it out to his fellows and
asking the farmer what had happened.

The farmer got excited and said,"That there is a special pig, he's a hero
around hear!" The kids all wanted to know. "Well a few months ago, the barn
caught on fire and that pig broke out and came up on the veranda and made so
much noise that we got out of bed and saw the fire, just in time to save the
barn and all the animals."
"Is that how he lost his leg, saving the Barn?", the kids asked. "No.", said
the farmer, obviously not done extolling the virtues of the hero pig." Then
not a month ago, I was riding the tractor, slid in some mud on that hillside
and the tractor rolled and pinned me. Well didn't that pig come running out
to see what the matter was, but then he took off down the way away from our
house so I thought I was a goner. But then don't I see my neighbour coming
over the horizon following that pig> I guess he knew that no-one was home so
he went to the neighbours!" "Rolling the tractor back over, is that how he
lost his leg?" the kids asked again."
"Nope." said the farmer, a little agitated. "You kids listen here, when you
got a pig as special as this pig, you don't just eat him all at once!"

Gord