[OM] Lube

Subject: [OM] Lube
From: joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:59:07 -0600
I'm happy to say that I'm heading in the general direction of the Grand Canyon
in five days.  I've noted that some of the functions of my Bogen 3030 head are
not very fluid.  I can't blame anyone by myself, since my tripod fell in the
Merced River about a year ago.  I got it out quick, but I was more concerned
about the camera and lens (doing OK, thank you.)

I'm thinking about loosening everything up and lubing the joints.  But with
what?  Does it matter?  Is there a grease that makes tripod heads move freely
when you want them to and stick like glue when you don't?

Joel W.