[OM] Re: Ektachrome 64, exp 1993...

Subject: [OM] Re: Ektachrome 64, exp 1993...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 06:35:59 -0500
I wouldn't waste the money on development.  Several years ago I
discovered an exposed but unprocessed roll of K64 that had worked its
way into the back of a desk drawer during a move.  The film had been
exposed in 1985 and I discovered it and had it processed in 2000 or
2001.  The desk it was in has always been in a heated and air
conditioned room so the film never saw any temperature or humidity extremes.

It's hard to say exactly what's wrong with the resulting slides other
than they have lost a great deal of sharpness, contrast, saturation and
have been shifted a bit to the blue.  After scanning I can improve the
digital images by tweaking all of these things but I can't make them
look right.  They have a soft look that seems not to be improved very
much by sharpening.

Since this roll had important images already on it I'd still get it
processed today.  But I wouldn't go out and shoot one.  I think you're
bound to be disappointed and throw your money away.

Chuck Norcutt