[OM] Re: Last Sundays' Walk

Subject: [OM] Re: Last Sundays' Walk
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:01:08 +0000
Thanks for your story Graham.  I have not managed to check your Flore
entry on your website (I'm away from my desktop with a Bluetooth
connection between iBook and mobile phone), but I shall do on my return
home tomorrow.

I enjoyed your little story; I am visiting Dorset where my
father-in-law was born and lived until he joined the RAF for the Second
World War and it is full of memories for him - and for me now,
vicariously.  I have been taking a variety of seaside (the cliffs are
glorious in the evening light) and countryside photos with a variety of
cameras (digital, Contax G2, OM, XA and 645) and your work, along with
the beauty of this countryside will, I hope, inspire me to improve my
website.

Chris

On 10 Mar 2004, at 22:54, Graham Battison wrote:

> I am sitting in the churchyard at Flore eating my lunch. The service
> has
> been over for some time, a few stragglers are leaving the church after
> spending some time chatting. The sky is a typical English mix of blue
> with
> white clouds in some parts and black as thunder in others.
>
> I watch what I take to be worshipper set out on a footpath across a
> field in
> front of the church and think to myself that she must be very devout
> to walk
> from the next village to attend services. The path although fairly dry
> today
> can be
> very messy. I take a shot, my usual stuff, landscape with lone figure.

snip
<|_:-)_|>

C M I Barker
Cambridgeshire, Great Britain.