[OM] Re: Flying with Tripod

Subject: [OM] Re: Flying with Tripod
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 07:53:42 +0100
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:52:27 +0000
Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:
>
> > Hey, I want to reduce my travelling to become a "fairly frequent flyer"
> > according to your standards ;)
>

> I want to increase my travelling to your sort of levels - swap jobs??
> http://tinyurl.com/36lem shows the flights I've taken in the last few
> years - would be interested to see what your world map would look like!

Uhh, I wouldn't even think about making one, it would probably be all read
from lines criss-crossing....for a while, I did 6-8 round-trips monthly
between DK and FR. That stops being fun after a week or so.

> > I just came back from Korea.....10h in an Airbus 340-600 (which is a
> > fairly nice tin-can with wings) was trying enough.....I can't imagine
> > doing that distance on a boat or in a train....
>

> Well, I've travelled from Beijing to London by trains and a boat, and it
> was awesome!  Way more fun than a flight.  I might do the same journey
> via a different route this summer.  Took nearly three weeks to get back,
> so not for the busy person...  Naturally I took a lot of OM photos, they
> are online at http://www.world-traveller.org/travel/beijing-london

Nice....now, how do I convince my boss that 3 weeks of transit time is
"reasonable, and should be counted as work"???

> > About Korea....there are a few photos, although with the Optio S4
> > rather than OM's:
> > http://voop.free.fr/Personal/Photo-album/South_Korea/index.shtml
>

> Lovely stuff there, temples in the snow look beautiful.  I particularly
> like sunset at Namsan.  But what is this "Optio S4" of which you speak?
>   Some sort of camera is it?  Doesn't sound very trustworthy to me...
> Did you use OMs as well?

Nope. I went by air. Carrying anything but the most touristy photo-stuff
is, as per my previous mail, a good source for troubles in the airport.
Wish it wasn't so, though, but....

--thomas

> Roger

> To contact the list admins: