[OM] Re: Flying with Tripod

Subject: [OM] Re: Flying with Tripod
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:08:40 +0000
> Greetings Charlie,
>
> A victim of "too much flying" since the early 90'es, I can ensure you that
> since 11/9, the airport paranoia has gone to excessive lengths. I will
> relay some of my experiences, then you can draw your own conclusions.
>
> Here's what I've recently have had arguments/fights with overly-eager
> airport
> security staff over:
>
> (a litany of abuses snipped)

Wow, Thomas, that's some list of bad experiences!  I must've been
incredibly lucky - fairly frequent flyer over the last several years
(say 10-20 flights a year) and the worst grief I've ever had was some
minor hassle leaving Sydney when the X-ray bloke refused to hand-check
my 1600 film, even though there was a sign saying films faster than 1000
would be hand checked.  But he relented.

If you want to avoid air travel you should have a look at
http://www.seat61.com/.  Fantastic site!

Roger