[OM] Re: Flying with Tripod

Subject: [OM] Re: Flying with Tripod
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:52:27 +0000
Thomas Heide Clausen wrote:

> Hey, I want to reduce my travelling to become a "fairly frequent flyer"
> according to your standards ;)

I want to increase my travelling to your sort of levels - swap jobs??
http://tinyurl.com/36lem shows the flights I've taken in the last few
years - would be interested to see what your world map would look like!

> I just came back from Korea.....10h in an Airbus 340-600 (which is a fairly
> nice tin-can with wings) was trying enough.....I can't imagine doing that
> distance on a boat or in a train....

Well, I've travelled from Beijing to London by trains and a boat, and it
was awesome!  Way more fun than a flight.  I might do the same journey
via a different route this summer.  Took nearly three weeks to get back,
so not for the busy person...  Naturally I took a lot of OM photos, they
are online at http://www.world-traveller.org/travel/beijing-london

> About Korea....there are a few photos, although with the Optio S4 rather
> than OM's: http://voop.free.fr/Personal/Photo-album/South_Korea/index.shtml

Lovely stuff there, temples in the snow look beautiful.  I particularly
like sunset at Namsan.  But what is this "Optio S4" of which you speak?
  Some sort of camera is it?  Doesn't sound very trustworthy to me...
Did you use OMs as well?

Roger