[OM] Re: 85/2 vs 90/2 vs 35-105

Subject: [OM] Re: 85/2 vs 90/2 vs 35-105
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 01:05:05 -0800
waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>If I remember correctly, you also like and have the Kiron 105/2.8, which is
>a lens I would like to get some day.
>They don't go up on epay very often.

I do indeed have and like it. That focal length isn't useful to me for
copy work, but it is one of my 2 favorite outdoor macro lenses (The
other is the 135/4.5.). The Kiron focuses directly down to 1:1 without
any add-ons. I don't all that often want 1:1, but quite often want to go
past the 1:2 limit of most macro lenses.The first pics on my page of
samples with the D60 are taken with it. With the 1.6 ratio, it acts like
a 170/2.8 macro - mucho reach!

Moose