[OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout

Subject: [OM] Re: Woe is Me - Bridge Camera Fallout
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 18:03:34 EST
agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Would I recommend this camera to other Zuikoheads desperately
> trying to wait out the DSLR purchase as long as possible?  In a
> heartbeat.  There are a few oddball nuances, and noise at the
> higher ISOs is disastrous,

It would be interesting to know how many of us really use the higher ISO
films with our OMs.  I've been back seriously doing some photography for about
3
1/2 years and most of what I have been doing is in the 50-100 ISO range. Yes, I
shoot a fair amount of Tri-X, however almost all of my color work is done
below 200 ISO.  So the question becomes, "Does the noise at higher ISOs really
make any difference given the way I use my camera?"  I don't know the answer
because I'm not yet digital, however it might be interesting to hear from folks
about the magnitude of the noise "problem".  Bill Barber