[OM] DIY OM to E1 converter

Subject: [OM] DIY OM to E1 converter
From: "Anthony Collins" <Liz.Tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 21:50:37 -0000
For those regions of the globe not to be blessed with a giveaway OM to E1
Converter, how about this for a recipe for a DIY converter.
 1.Take one Sigma 18-50, E1 fitting, cost £99.
 2.Obtain OM fitting teleconverter or extension tube from rummage box at
your local camera shop, cost, how hard can you bargain?
3.Detach E1 mount (4 screws if its like my E*S version).
4. Detach front mount from teleconverter. (Work it out yourself)
5. Fix E1 mount to OM front mount separated by suitable spacer. Length of
adapter is...??? Help us out someone!
6. Go out and take some pictures.
7. Take a front view photo of the cannibalised lens and put it on E1bay,
spares for anyone who trashes their Sigma.
8. Send $5 or some unwanted OM trinket to me as a small mark of gratitude
for developing the concept.

Could be adapted to Adaptall or T mount lenses also.

Oh better check if Sigma has the E1 metal mount available as a cheap spare
part!!

Tony Collins