[OM] A bit OT: Could the OM system be turned into a digital camera?

Subject: [OM] A bit OT: Could the OM system be turned into a digital camera?
From: G.J.Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:14:47 +0000
Dear All,
        Sorry about the poor choice of title but I remember a little
thread a while back where some people were asking if it would be
possible to place a digital back onto an OM camera and convert it to
digital. This would be an ideal scenario in the future (hopefully
distant!) when film starts to dwindle, however I was just reading an
article where Leica seem to have produced the next best thing, a camera
which adheres to the values of "traditional photography" but uses a
digital sensor. Its called the Digilux 2. Many of you have probably
already heard of this but I thought it might be of interest to those
that haven't. Enjoy.

All the best,
Gareth.