[OM] Re: XA vs Rollei 35

Subject: [OM] Re: XA vs Rollei 35
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:11:55 -0000
I think you have answered your won question Dan.  Re the Rollei, you ask
about viewfinder focus aids - on the XA series, only the XA has the
rangefinder, as far as I recall.  The others rely on zone-focus systems, so
you don't get any aids in the viewfinder - except that the XA1 is fixed
focus (so you don't need any aid), and the XA4 has a measure built into the
strap for macro focus!

I take it you know of the XA FAQ
http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/xa.faq.html which gives a
reference to suggest that the XA4 optical quality is better than the XA -
but I strongly suspect that a properly focussed image from the XA would have
much going for it in the comparison with a zone-focussed XA4 image!

Piers