[OM] Re: OM1n/ 2n/ spot

Subject: [OM] Re: OM1n/ 2n/ spot
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:33:42 +0100
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:03:22 -0500
Charles Sdunek <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have used a 2-sp...you are right, my OM-2 and 2n  do feel better.
>
> Charles

Nonsense, Charles, the 2s/p is the best. I still think that the continous
center-spot metering in manual mode is superiour to anything I've ever
seen. The spot metering on the OM3/4{T|Ti| } doesn't come anywhere near how
I like to use the 2s/p.

I'd like to see an camera, build manual/mechanic like the OM1, with the
spot-meter measuring like the 2s/p. Just an on-off switch and a simple
needle in the viewfinder, following the central spot. Ohh, and it must be
chrome, with red Sparks-snakeskin ;)

John/Clint, any of you guys up for a custom job? ;)

--thomas