[OM] Re: camera recommendations please

Subject: [OM] Re: camera recommendations please
From: Thomas Heide Clausen <omlist@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:48:46 +0100
On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:27:55 -0500 (EST)
Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 Jez.Cunningham@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > How does the test machinery communicate with the 3ti? (I don't see any
> > data port...)
>
> Under the front left leatherette are three contact points.  Shorting one
> of the points to the case puts the circuit in diagnostics mode.  From
> there the 3Ti is self calibrating since only the meter needs to be
> calibrated(speeds are mechanically controlled).  There are a series of
> steps to go through which involves using a 50mm f1.8 lens along with a
> calibrated light source.  The body makes the necessary calculations to
> match the body's photocell and amplifier to the reference light source.
> No special diagnostic tool is needed (quite ingenious if you ask me).
>                               -mark

Holy c*** -- I did not know that "wunderbrick-technology" was to be found
among our beloved OM's. This sounds really really cool ;)
The only tool needed is a "calibrated light source" -- which I assume is
already std. on any repair tech's workbench. Neato!

Thanks, Mark ;)

--thomas