[OM] Re: The death of film has been delayed...

Subject: [OM] Re: The death of film has been delayed...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:46:50 -0500
I don't understand.  If you've sent the lab a digital image you've saved
them the scan.  No reason why they can't then do all the things they'd
normally do with a negative.

When I was working with a pro this past fall we reviewed the images to
discard the ugly ones, we touched up grandma's wrinkles or junior's acne
if necessary, sharpened them very slightly (based on experience with the
lab) and then sent them off to Miller's Lab via CD or internet and they
did the rest.

Chuck Norcutt

BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>  >... With film, I send it to the lab. They process it, and print or scan
  it or both. They get things color and density corrected. With digital,
  it's all on me.