[OM] Re: The death of film has been delayed...

Subject: [OM] Re: The death of film has been delayed...
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:34:32 EST
What pros will really tell you is that their employers REQUIRE digital shots.
No room for negotiation. It's- "Work thru digital or you aren't working for
us." Period. The pros don't have much of a choice any longer.

George S.

BllPear@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I think most pros will tell you that digital may save on film and processing
(although that is offset by increased computing requirements), but workflow is
intensified. With film, I send it to the lab. They process it, and print or
scan it or both. They get things color and density corrected. With digital,
it's all on me. I may save on direct costs, but labor goes wild. For
photojournalism, that's ok, because they need it fast, and the printing process
they work
under is, errrr, forgiving.

And that's not including time spent cleaning sensors.

Bill Pearce