[OM] Re: DSLRs, was OT language stuff again

Subject: [OM] Re: DSLRs, was OT language stuff again
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:29:59 -0800
Off your feed, Chris?

Have you tried any DSLRs? True they can be used as automatic point and
shoots and with the plastic of many of them they could qualify for the
"wunderbrick" epithet. They are dependent on batteries, but most are
rechargeable. However, they are not necessarily slow, clumsy, or
limited photographically. Much of the image discussion is a result of
attention focussed there because it is a new process. No one would
pretend that film images taken with ultrawide lenses are free of color
aberration or coma. Interestingly because of that interest lenses have
been improved so that they are better now for digital or film. Digital
slrs are different from film slrs and new techniques related to the
technology such a sensor cleaning have to be learned. The the mass
exodus of pro photographers from film does not support the idea that
they are toys.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA