[OM] Re: Film media article

Subject: [OM] Re: Film media article
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:31:34 -0800
>BUT I am unsure about the last word in the quoted passage below!  Do you
>mean "stet"?  ;-)

Yes, I meant stet, Piers. I seem to be full of typos lately. Good catch and
I duly award you . . . five points!

>Nice to see Trafalgar Square as your "test pic".

I take it you're familiar then. From London or its environs?

It was a gloomy day, one of those afternoons that promised showers come
evening and I was not disappointed. Indeed, after dinner, taken at Covent
Garden, I decided to walk back to Kensington, where my hotel was, and
managed to get lost--ended up eventually back at that same roundabout where
I was finally able to flag a charitable cabbie who then got me home safe,
if not completely dry. <g>

What's the name of that building in the picture with that brown rounded
face? You know, the one you drive under.

>PS Haven't yet had a look at the FM actions I got hold of, but hats off the
>Tris for the pointer to the discount!

For sure if you purchased the IS action it will pay for itself in a hurry.
Fred hit that one directly on the head. I've found all of his stuff useful,
though not so surprisingly I use IS the most. The shadow-recovery IS would
be my next most frequently used, I'd guess. Another very useful action, for
my needs at least. Fred's "stair" upsampling tool is also a boon for anyone
printing to the larger formats at home--better than the PS bicubic, for
example. Not sure how it compares to other standalone software as I haven't
conducted tests. I probably will as time permits and then publish those
results.

Tris
www.tristanjohn.com