[OM] Re: Film media article

Subject: [OM] Re: Film media article
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:00:05 -0000
Yes, I know London, worked there for 15 years - and did a very short piece
of work in one of the buildings in the background, a former hotel
requisitioned for the war effort in WWII, and still in use for the war
effort forty years later, and still called "The Metropole building" after
the name of the hotel.

Somewhere hereabouts there is a photo of me aged 2 in Trafalgar Square - I
won't look for it.

I think the building you have in mind is Admiralty Arch, which spans the
road leading from Trafalgar Square through St James' Park to Buckingham
Palace - but the curved colonnaded building in the background of your photo
is a bookshop.  Turn 90 degrees right to see Admiralty Arch, or refresh your
memory here: http://tinyurl.com/26cg8

http://tinyurl.com/286m6 is a map, and you stood facing Northumberland
Avenue to take the photo.

Walking from Covent Garden to Kensington?! I wouldn't - and I know the
way...

You guessed right re FM on all three counts!

Piers