[OM] Re: WTB OM-1 Battery screw

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB OM-1 Battery screw
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:39:14 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Daniel Sepke wrote:

> Needed for an OM-1MD.
>
> I am looking for just the screw that holds the battery contact spring to the
> body. It is to replace one of the nylon ones that has broken. Preferably I
> would like to get one of the metal ones with the insulation on it but
> another nylon one is OK if that is all I can get.

The nylon screw is of a larger diameter than the metal screw so you won't
be able to substitute for it; the hole in the casting will be too large. A
cheap and easy substitute is to go to a good hardware store and purchase
some nylon screws of the same diameter and thread pitch.  Cut the length
down to size with a knife and then trim the head down a bit.  If the white
colour of the screw bothers you then put a dab of black paint over it.
                                -mark