[OM] Re: Hi-res EVF, was: Digital, manual camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Hi-res EVF, was: Digital, manual camera
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:50:04 -0500
I just went back and read the announcement again and noticed this:
"... Super Fine Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) outperforming the previous
model's resolution by 4 times to achieve extremely clear VGA-level
images when both shooting and viewing.

Well the resolution of a VGA image is 640x480 = 307,200 (full color)
pixels.  Multiply by 3 for R, G and B and you get 921,600.  Then round
up and you get 922,000 marketing pixels.

Apparently, the resolution of the 235,000 pixel displays is 320x240.
VGA resolution, at least, is on a par with the best NTSC and PAL TV sets.

Chuck Norcutt