[OM] Re: Tele-Converters.

Subject: [OM] Re: Tele-Converters.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:08:47 -0500
I used to own both the Vivitar f/3.8 and Kiron f/4 70-150's along with
their 1.5X MatchMates.  Although an excellent performer, I sold off the
Vivitar to a listie.  I think it was an older design than the Kiron and
was substantially longer and heavier.  The lenses didn't look much alike
and the converters didn't either.  Both may still have been built by
Kiron but at different times.  Or Kiron may have decided to do their own
thing after having been beaten on by Vivitar for using a Vivitar design
with a Kiron name.  Unfortunately, I didn't record the Vivitar's serial
number so I don't know if Kiron built it or not.  The first two digits
would be "22" if Kiron built.

The Kiron 70-150 is still my most frequently used lens.  Apart from
briefly mounting the 1.5x on the lens it has never been used.

Chuck Norcutt