[OM] [OT] scanner question

Subject: [OM] [OT] scanner question
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 15:04:26 -0500
I have a possible opportunity to pick up a used Minolta Dimage Scan Dual Film
Scanner for around $100.  This is the old model that uses the SCSI interface
with 2438 dpi resolution and 8-bit digitization.  I have never used a film
scanner before and I'm looking for one to produce images for a webpage.
Would this model be a decent one to start with or am I wasting my time with
one that doesn't do dust and fingerprint removal in the scan?  I would be
scanning Fuji NPS 160 film for the most part.  Any opinions would be helpful.

Richard