[OM] Re: [OT] scanner question

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] scanner question
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:22:12 -0700
I have the Scan Dual II, and $100 for the original Scan Dual seems a bit on the
high side.  I think you can get used II's for about the same amount, so unless
you have a hardware reason to prefer SCSI over USB, the II might be better
since it has slightly higher resolution (2820 dpi).  New III's or IV's or
whatever they're up to now are only $300 too.  Anyway, I've always liked the
II.  No, it doesn't have ICE, so I spend a few minutes removing dust from each
scan.  If you're going to be scanning and printing lots of pictures, it might
be worth it for you to get one with ICE.  Whatever scanner you end up with, I
would recommend that you check out Vuescan as well, from www.hamrick.com

Mark