[OM] Re: Camera Bags

Subject: [OM] Re: Camera Bags
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 12:09:45 -0500
Black bags LOOK cool... but they're hot! Around this time of year in the north
it's not an issue.  But I have never understood why serious amateur and pro
photographers who refrigerate their film, test emulsions, etc., then use black
bodies and throw everything into black bags.  For my 4x5 gear I use a Zone VI
bag which is white and insulated, much like a softsided cooler.  For OM gear I
use an el-cheapo padded camera bag branded Wilson (the sports equipment people)
that I just happen to own; picked it up at a garage sale.  I'm going to move to
a canvas bag.  I like the idea of the M-Classics bag
(http://www.mclassics.com/), but it's only available in black!  The slim
profile would, I think be ideal for me.  There is a maker of canvas canoe packs
in Maine that may be able to custom make such a bag in a natural canvas color.

I have one Zuikoholic friend who has clad his OM bodies and lenses in the white
transfer belt material from Xerox copiers.  It's grippy and very cool looking.

Earl