[OM] Re: Photoshop retouching secrets

Subject: [OM] Re: Photoshop retouching secrets
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 21:28:57 -0800
I vaguely remember your last effort but for sure I grabbed it this time.
Works great to my eye.

As long as we're looking at "birds" these days I'll offer the following two
images as an example of how fast PS (using your recommended eyedropper
adjustments in curves) can correct at least that image manually. Including
the initial CMYK adjustments themselves this adjustment took me all of
about . . . three minutes?

First image is the original PWP bird test image with the green cast, etc:

         http://www.tristanjohn.com/casualfilespark/PSbird.jpg

Second image is the corrected version using the new CMYK eyedropper
settings in PS:

         http://www.tristanjohn.com/casualfilespark/PWPbird.jpg

I don't know, but as usual the "Chris and the egg" factor seems to be at
work with re to all things Photoshop (i.e., once you know what to do it
works pretty damned good).

Tris