[OM] Re: OT rant, Disgusting Half-Time Show Antics

Subject: [OM] Re: OT rant, Disgusting Half-Time Show Antics
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:00:30 -0800
What little I saw of it was sad, agreed there. But no worse/incompetent
than the officiating in several cases. These officials can't even properly
spot the ball anymore--it's been happening all season (and for too many
seasons before) and I've the games on tape to prove it. Basically I'd say
that SB halftime idiocy is for "fans" who don't know how atrocious the
officiating is and couldn't care less.

As for the actual content of the halftime material: all I can figure is
they're trying to entertain (grab) your children and mine. But that's all
over the place: go check out the quality of film these days, the stuff for
the general public, or from what I glean (haven't watched the  networks for
25 years) TV. Or music, so called. Is rap music? I don't think so. Must be,
though, as I'm sure I heard some of that garbage yesterday afternoon.

I simply can't relate to the low quality of a lot of things in society
these days. What I also can't relate to or even understand on the simplest
level is anyone tuning into a football game (the Super Bowl _is_ still a
football game, right?) with that sort of mindset to begin with. Isn't there
a rude bar for these types to wander into?

Pretty good football game, though. I thought Carolina could take New
England and in spite of everything had John Fox not suffered severe
brain-lock on that extra point they might well have won in spite of Brady's
presence and character.

But what do I know? I'm a Packer fan and thought they ought to have beaten
the Eagles twice this year. Easily. Not to mention the Chiefs, the
Cardinals, the Vikings in their home opener _and_ the Lions at Detroit.
Which would have made Green Bay's record 15-1 in the regular season with a
home game versus the Panthers for the championship . . . see how simple it
is on paper? (And can't us paper dreamers dream big!? <g>)

Tris