[OM] Re: Tripods and security guards

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripods and security guards
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:22:58 EST
In a message dated 1/26/2004 7:51:53 PM Central Standard Time,
zuiko_warrior@xxxxxxxxx writes:
A friend of mine actually pulled that off on an Air Force security lieutenant
while shooting from the ridge overlooking Area 51.  It helped that he was on
public land at the time; one needs to exercise judgment with the technique.
Yes, and being "right" doesn't always keep you from spending some time locked
up.  My experience is that when a civilian gets in a pissing match with those
who are paid to maintain the peace, the tie breaker always goes to the law
enforcement officer.  That is the cold hard reality or at least it was in 1969
when I was fresh out of the service, had been back in the States for about 4 or
5 months and picked the wrong time to say the wrong thing to the wrong
person.  Even though I was "right", had committed no crime, and had all my
rights
denied me, I got to sleep someplace other than the comfort of my own bed that
night.  In the morning the judge gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, so I pled
guilty, paid my fine and went home rather than spending two more nights in jail
waiting for Monday morning to roll around.  It wasn't that I didn't like
sleeping in the same room with a couple of murderers awaiting extradition from
Huntsville, TX, it is just that I liked my bed better and I had a paper due on
Monday.  Think I made an A on the paper and slept a hell of a lot better at
home.  Bill Barber